Last Updated on July 4, 2021
No matter the place you reside, the times of summer time are numbered. Luckily for many who wish to hold swimming after the pool season, there’s an answer: propane pool heaters!
Pool heaters are an effective way to get essentially the most out of your outside pool. If you’re searching for one thing that may lengthen swim season, that is it.
A typical propane heater can hold water at comfy temperatures up till two months later than normal and offer you extra time in these refreshing waters all of us love a lot.
How Do Propane Pool Heaters Work?
A typical gasoline-powered pool heater has a combustion chamber that burns both pure gasoline or propane. These pool heaters often have copper coils the place the pool water passes by means of and will get heated. The heated pool water is then pumped again to the swimming pool.
This makes propane pool heaters a perfect alternative for in-floor and aboveground pool homeowners.
How Much Do A Propane Pool Heater Cost?
Propane heaters can burn about 1 gallon per hour relying in your location and the mannequin of your chosen pool heater. A typical dimension 200,000 BTU heater can use as much as 2 gallons an hour of propane. This means utilizing your propane gasoline pool heater will price wherever between $8 to $12 per hour to function.
To warmth a ten,000-gallon swimming pool, with out utilizing a photo voltaic cowl, will often take about 8 to 16 hours. Using our 200,000 BTU pool heater, you may count on to spend about $64 to $128 to warmth your pool.
To reduce the pool heating prices, we extremely suggest utilizing a photo voltaic pool cowl or photo voltaic blanket to expedite the heating and ensure evaporative warmth loss is stored at a minimal.
Sizing A Propane Pool Heater
Propane heaters are available in a variety of BTUs and sizes. Propane heaters for above floor swimming pools are often round 100-200K BTUs, whereas in-floor ones will be as giant as 400K BTU relying on the scale of your pool. A bigger-sized heater will naturally supply higher heating capabilities however could not all the time work for everybody or each state of affairs resulting from its excessive price ticket and energy consumption charges; it’s best to analysis what kind you want earlier than making any buy choice.
The dimension of your pool determines what number of BTUs your pool heater wants. As a common rule of thumb, get a minimum of a 100K BTU heater for each 10,000 gallons of pool water.
Sun2Solar Blue 16-Foot-by-32-Foot Rectangle Solar Cover | 1200 Series | Heat Retaining Blanket for In-Ground and Above-Ground Rectangular Swimming Pools | Use Sun to Heat Pool | Bubble-Side Down
- ATTRACTIVE BLUE DESIGN – Sun2Solar photo voltaic blankets are constituted of a movie of hundreds of tiny bubbles, which work collectively to gather and retain warmth each at night time and on these chilly days. The blue…
- MINIMIZE WATER EVAPORATION – The use of a photo voltaic cowl helps in stopping as much as 95% of pool water evaporation. When not having fun with a refreshing swim, holding your pool coated lessens the huge quantity of…
- JUMP INTO WARMTH – Show family and friends your bravery by leaping in with out the usual toe dip. Enter the swimming pool confidently figuring out the Sun2Solar photo voltaic cowl has stored the water heat simply…
- HEAT RETENTION – After everybody has known as it a day with wrinkled fingers from an excessive amount of enjoyable within the solar, be certain to position this photo voltaic cowl again atop the water. Don’t lose all of that heat…
A photo voltaic cowl will help scale back warmth loss by 95%, which implies the scale of the propane pool heater and value for heating is lowered as properly.
Best Propane Heaters For Pools
We all understand how a lot enjoyable it’s to spend time in a pool. But there are occasions when the water could also be too chilly and also you wish to heat issues up a bit, otherwise you’re searching for methods to save cash on heating your pool. That’s the place propane heaters are available in!
We’ve rounded up a number of the best fashions on the market so as to discover one that may work completely in your wants.
Best Propane Heater For Inground Pools: Hayward W3H400FDP Universal H-Series 400,000 BTU Pool and Spa Heater
Hayward W3H400FDP Universal H-Series 400,000 BTU Pool and Spa Heater, Propane
- BEST FOR: In-ground swimming pools and spas with a floor space as much as 1,200 ft. the place pure gasoline is on the market. Its low environmental affect makes it very best for swimming pools and spas situated the place low-NOx emissions…
- PREMIUM PERFORMANCE: The Hayward Universal H-Series 400,000 BTU Propane Heater delivers premium heating efficiency for years of dependable, lengthy-lasting consolation.
- CORROSION PROTECTION: The Universal H-Series boasts distinctive safety in opposition to corrosion and untimely failure attributable to unbalanced water chemistry.
- ENERGY SAVINGS: The environment friendly, trade-main design reduces circulation pump run time to supply vitality financial savings.
Hayward’s Universal H-Series heaters supply an expensive possibility for heating your pool or spa. These environment friendly and environmentally accountable heaters, just like the Hayward W3H400FDP Pool Heater, additionally work yr-spherical, so you may benefit from the consolation of heated water all season lengthy.
This low NOx pool heater is an ideal alternative for environmentally aware pool homeowners. It has 84% trade-main thermal effectivity and complies with all present California air high quality emission requirements.
The W3H400FDP Pool Heater can also be geared up with a cupro-nickel warmth exchanger that makes it saltwater succesful should you intend to convert your pool to saltwater.
Best Propane Heater Above Ground Pools: Raypak 106A Propane Pool Heater
Raypak 105,000 BTU Swimming Pool and Spa Heater – Propane
- Designed for simple set up on above floor swimming pools, smaller in-floor swimming pools, and spas
- Standard 120v 3-prong energy wire or will be simply transformed to 220v
- Simple analog thermostat dial for correct pool and spa temperature setting
- Gas connection is 1/2″ NPT and measures 4 5/8″ off the bottom stage
The Raypak 106A Propane Pool Heater is the proper alternative for above-floor pool homeowners. They supply all of the options and reliability that you’d need in a bigger pool heating system however at a better-to-set up, extra reasonably priced pool heater.
The Raypak gasoline heater is constructed with a polyester-coated, non-corrosive cupboard that stops corrosion. The fins of the warmth exchanger are constituted of a single piece of extruded copper tubing which maximizes warmth switch. The stainless-steel tubes additionally resist rusting to maintain your system operating easily for years with minimal upkeep.
How To Install A Propane Pool Heater
Installation of a propane gasoline pool heater is as simple and cheap for any house owner who is aware of the fundamentals about plumbing.
Find a sturdy floor that’s adjoining to the filter system of the swimming pool- ideally with loads of room round it so the propane heater can get sufficient air. Once you could have the return pipe minimize out of your pool filter, now it’s time to place that PVC into your propane heater so there’s a means for the pool water to come back in and are available out.
Propane gas is a well-liked heating gasoline for swimming pools, however it’s all the time best to depart the set up of propane gasoline tanks as much as professionals. Your first step must be calling one among your native suppliers and telling them what dimension equipment you need (BTU), they can provide extra particular directions from there about how a lot tank capability will work relying in your wants as properly the connection choices out there.
Why Choose Propane Heaters Over Natural Gas or Electric?
Propane is a well-liked alternative for pool homeowners as a result of it accommodates extra vitality than pure gasoline, and also you’ll devour much less to warmth your swimming space. Propane additionally doesn’t produce any greenhouse gases throughout its unused state as different gasoline sources do.
Propane heaters are 42% cheaper to function than electrical pool heaters and may prevent kind of $2,000 in heating prices. Propane heater additionally does a greater job in heating water and takes much less time in doing so.
Propane gives many advantages over different gasoline sources. It is available, economical and environment friendly, plentiful, handy to make use of and retailer whereas being environmentally pleasant and secure.
It’s a superb alternative for folks dwelling on properties with out entry to pure gasoline traces, and it heats water quicker than every other kind of pool heater in chilly climates.